Good morning parents! Hoy nuestros alumnos han empezado a asistir a las clases de inglés. La división de los alumnos en sus respectivos niveles se realizó tras la corrección de los exámenes que hicieron el primer día del turno.
Les adjuntamos la carta el director de estudios:
Your children have now completed their placement test and we have now allocated the levels. Once again we have noticed very high levels even amongst our youngest students. We divide our students into the Cambridge levels which follow the European Framework for Languages. Please remember that various classes are at the same level and will be studying the same material.
CEFR Cambridge Classes
A1 Starters 1
A1 Movers 2
A2 Flyers 3
B1 PET 4
B2 FCE 5
The most important thing for us is that your child is in the correct level and learning. The placement test is a guide for the Director of Studies to allocate students into classes however there are various things that could go wrong, for example the student was very nervous in the exam, they couldn´t concentrate because they were upset about saying goodbye to their parents etc. If you have any questions that you would like to ask about the level of your children, please do not hesitate to ask. Our Director of Studies is available between 9:30am and 5pm during the week and will be happy to answer any queries. Please remember that if a student changes level it may mean that they will skip various class levels.
How do we make sure our students are in the correct level?
1. Placement test on the entrance day.
2. Can do checks in the first class.
3. The teachers take part in daily tutorials with the Director of Studies to discuss class changes, material and behaviour.
4. Parental input. If your child is in the wrong level you can let us know. An easy way to check the level of your child is to have a look at the back of the text book they are using at school or in an academy and check the CEFR level (Common European Framework.
5. The students should let teachers, monitors or parents know if they think they are in the wrong level.
6. The end of week exam is a great indication to see how much students have learnt in class.
Director of studies.